The CSL Group has a combined 100+ year heritage in the development and manufacture of vaccines and plasma protein biotherapies, significantly contributing to medicine development and improvement of human health. Over 20,000 employees in more than 30 countries are committed to ensuring the best medical therapies are produced. Our major facilities are in Australia, Germany (Marburg and Hattersheim), Switzerland and the U.S.
As a global biotechnology company and part of the CSL group, CSL Behring is focused on life-threatening conditions, our patients are our passion. We offer the broadest range of quality plasma-derived and recombinant therapies in our industry. Our ability to innovate and deliver life-saving medicines for patients with unmet medical needs around the world has earned us a reputation for putting patients first. We listen closely to understand their challenges and develop therapies that provide meaningful benefits. Our commitment to save lives and protect the health of people around the world is strong. We pursue newer and better therapies, ensuring greater access to our medicines, and ultimately, improving the quality of life for those in need.
For our European Commercial Organization headquartered in Hattersheim by Frankfurt, we are looking for a Marketing Trainee, who is interested and willing to develop and grow into roles of increasing responsibility within our organization. The planned starting date is 1 June 2018 (later starting date possible up until 1 October 2018).
Medical Trainee (f/m)
The trainee position is scoped for a two-year duration, during which time the trainee will develop through lotations at the company locations in Germany and in Europe. These tailored assignments will provide the trainee with a good overview and insights into all aspects related to pharmaceutical marketing.
Possible assignments include country marketing, regional marketing (Europe), global marketing, sales, project management or market access functions. After completing the traineeship, the trainee will possess a broad level of experience enabling him/her to fill a fitting role within one of the CSL Behring Operating companies.
Your activities in this interesting opportunity include:
- Support development and implementation of medical affairs plans and strategies within the region
- Develop, implement, measure medical affairs projects/trials for existing and new products in Europe
- Work closely with Commercial Development, Marketing, Market Access and Medical Departments to coordinate medical affairs activities
- Monitor and evaluate changes in the medical and scientific environment (clinical studies, therapeutic trends, etc), and respond appropriately
- Provide scientific medical information and advice to marketing and sales organizations in the region
- Cooperate with relevant internal parties (e.g. Sales, Logistics, PR, Health Policy, R&D, Production, Regulatory Affairs, Legal Department, Quality, GCSP) in order to ensure success of the medical affairs activities
- Support processes and databases for monitoring purposes
As a Medical Trainee, you welcome the possibility to create and contribute to a positive and energetic environment. As a selforganized and proactive person, the following skills and experiences will help you to be successful in this trainee program:
- A medical degree is required, a Ph.D., an MD or an MBA is of additional value
- Fluent English language skills are a must; additional languages are beneficial
- Ability to live and work in different cultural environments
- Track record of being independently and intellectually able to address complex topics
- Willingness and flexibility to meet travel requirements, adapt to different environments and spend rotations at different business locations, including potential short-term assignments in another country up to a duration of six months.
- Positive attitude and ability to open minded listen and communicate towards your colleagues and customers; getting a real understanding of needs and challenges
What can you expect:
- Salary based on the attractive tariff agreement of chemical industry
- Flexible Work Environment
- Individual Training and Development Opportunities
- Continuous Coaching through a senior internal mentor
- Excellent internal job opportunities after completion of trainee program
How to apply:
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please send these only to our cooperation partner Provadis through their application portal as soon as possible and before 25 April 2018. Please specify your earliest possible starting date in your application.
For further information on the application process visit
As a global organization with employees in more than 30 countries, CSL Behring embraces diversity & inclusion and is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all.